Endometriosis Awareness Rally features all-star speaker lineup
Mon Mar 09 2020 13:30:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
HOUSTON— Everything is bigger in Texas, y’all and for the Endometriosis Foundation of Houston, that means our speaker lineup for the first ever Endometriosis Awareness Rally in Houston is jammed-packed with experts on the disease that impacts the lives of 1 in 10 women worldwide.
Our lineup includes endometriosis excision specialists from across the Lone Star State, nurses, a physical therapist and endo advocates who will share their experiences managing the disease. This is an event you don’t want to miss.
“Understanding how endometriosis affects the lives of thousands of people in our city will help bring into focus just how much more the health care community at large needs to do to provide proper and timely treatment to those battling the disease,” said Alison Landolt, co-founder and president of EFHou. “That’s why we brought in the experts, including four highly sought-after surgeons who perform hundreds of endometriosis excisions surgeries a year in Texas, to speak about managing the disease and when to seek surgical intervention.”
On March 28, the Endometriosis of Houston will stand united with the millions marching and rallying around the world to raise awareness for the incurable disease that affects more than 176 million women worldwide. We encourage everyone to wear yellow and stand united with us to
MEET THE SPEAKERS
We are thrilled and honored to have the following speakers discuss the challenges the endometriosis community faces in accessing care and our hopes for the future.
• John F. Dulemba, MD, FACOG is a world-renowned, board-certified gynecologist who’s considered to be one of the leading experts worldwide in state-of-the-art da Vinci® robotic surgery.
• Dr. Anthony O’Connell is dual Board-Certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (also known as Urogynecology) and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
• Dr. Xiaoming Guan is the Chief of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Texas Children’s and is an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine.
• Devin Garza, MD is a GYN Surgeon specializing in Advanced Minimally Invasive da Vinci® Robotic surgery. A large part of his practice is dedicated to Evaluation and Management of Pelvic Pain, abnormal bleeding, Fibroids, Infertility, Endometriosis, and he is a referral center surgeon for complex cases from surgeons all over Texas.
• Melissa Velasco is a Registered Nurse with over 6 years in Oncology care.
• Hannah Hay has been involved in the Endo Community since November 2018 when she founded the North Texas Endometriosis Support Group on Facebook.
• Elizabeth Garro, RN, was diagnosed with endometriosis in June of 2018 but suffered with symptoms for almost twelve years.
• Fatima Hakeem, PT is a nationally-recognized Women’s Rehab Professional with over 40 years of experience in women’s health.
More details can be found at For sponsorship opportunities, visit our website at
Please Note: The Endometriosis Foundation of Houston is closely monitoring the ongoing worldwide COVID-19 situation. As you may already know, COVID-19 has made its way to Houston and surrounding counties, but there is no evidence of community spread, according to city and county officials. Read our full statement here.
WHAT: Houston Endometriosis Rally 2020
WHERE: Walking Stick Brewery Company, 956 Judiway Street, Houston, Texas 77018
WHEN: Saturday, March 28 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
WHY: To stand united with the millions marching and rallying around the world for endo awareness
Public awareness of endometriosis is key, because it is estimated that 1 in 10 women are affected by endometriosis. Nearly 200 million individuals are affected by this disease worldwide.
Rethink Endo serves our community in new ways by focusing on one goal: Break the Cycle.
We will raise awareness by:
1. Debunking the myths of endometriosis; and
2. Encouraging individuals to be more open about their symptoms
You can help with this initiative by donating to support EFHou. Your gift enables EFHou to continue providing support to the thousands of women in our area who suffer with endometriosis. Your donation also enables us to create programs and organize evens.
For more updates, follow the Endometriosis of Houston on Facebook and Instagram at @EFHou. Follow us on Twitter at @ef_hou. You can also visit .
About the Endometriosis Foundation of Houston:
The Endometriosis Foundation of Houston (EFHou) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization created with the purpose of increasing disease recognition, offering vital support services to tens of thousands of individuals battling with endometriosis in the Bayou City and helping connect patients, communities, stakeholders and healthcare providers to promote advocacy programs nationwide.
EFHou provides reliable, accurate information to those battling the disease and seeks to address the ongoing need for endo awareness, advocacy, legislative support and research assistance.
– END –
Director of Communications and Public Relations
Endometriosis Foundation of Houston